Saturday, February 1, 2014

Future Plans for the Master

Is anyone else having issues with Blogger? For some reason it's posting my old posts like from last year, crazy, anyway on to today's post.

I know I made a big deal out of finishing one project before starting another and I'm sticking to that.....but it's not stopping me from planning for the next project.... my master bedroom....it needs help! Really it does, lots of help. So I decided to look through my Pinterest Master Bedroom Board to get some ideas. All of the links to the pictures are in my Pinterest Board if you want to go to the original pics.
This is what I came up with.....
For the wall color....
Pretty isn't it?
Also I have this old antique bed....

Yeah, it's a lot of wood. I want to soften the look so I'm thinking of making an insert for the headboard and footboard using this linen material....

and I'll paint the wood probably with Annie Sloan Old White Chalk Paint and distress it so the old dark wood shows through.
I also want to exchange my ceiling fan light with a chandy like this one from Miss Mustard Seed....doesn't she rock?
and add some details to the wood mirror I have and maybe to the armoire with appliques like these......
Yummy right? 

I might move my antique dresser in to the bedroom, the one I have in my dining room

I thought of doing it after seeing how this one is set up in the bedroom, so pretty.

I have these end tables that I painted using MMS Linen Milk Paint


I want some sparkle in the master so I'm thinking of adding mercury drawer pulls like these....

and with a mercury glass lamp and some pretty white bedding.....the overall look will hopefully be something like this...

So that's the plan.....after I finish the dining room. What'cha think?



10 comments:

Vintage Gal said...

I think it will look fabulous. I can't wait to see when you are finished~!

Vicky Hunt said...

I think you and I have the same plan in mind for the master bedroom. I love the colors you chose....so serene. I have been wanting to go neutral in my master with lots of sparkle for a while now. I have the sparkle...now I just need the room redone! Can't wait to see how it turns out....:) Have a blessed Sunday....Vicky

mah said...

Wow girl looking good!!! It doesn't hurt to have a plan for our next project even if we haven't finished the other one! LOL I know your brain never stops, believe me I know, my brain is exhausted all the time. Try ebay for your chandelier. I found 2 great ones a few years ago, of course at that time everyone was getting rid of the gold chandys so I got a great price! Good luck.

Junkchiccottage said...

Wooooooo Hoooooo Teresa I cannot wait to see what you do with that wonderful bed. That bed is so gorgeous. I cannot wait to see this finished it will be a show stopper for sure.
Kris

Kathy Moreland said...

I think it will be gorgeous! I love the idea of the fabric insets on the bed! Beautiful! And the dresser would look good in there as well! Can't wait to see the final reveal!

Cecilia said...

It will be beautiful! I love mercury glass so I think the knobs and lamp will be a perfect touch! Can't wait to see what you do!

Burlap Luxe said...

Your on the right path to beauty my friend, love all you inspire adding enough chippy to,anchor the room.

Happy designs to you.
Xx
Doré

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I think it will be so pretty. Especially with those high ceilings.
I love your inspiration photos...so lovely.
can't wait to see it all!
Pat

Gypsy Heart said...

Just found your blog and so glad I did. I'm a new follower and look forward to seeing the bedroom finished. Lots of great ideas! The inspiration room is gorgeous.

xo
Pat

Gypsy Heart said...

Just found your blog and so glad I did. I'm a new follower and look forward to seeing the bedroom finished. Lots of great ideas! The inspiration room is gorgeous.

xo
Pat

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...