Saturday, July 26, 2014

Master Bedroom Reveal

Well, I've finished one side of my bedroom...huh? Who does that?
 See that door on the right? It leads to my sewing room, There's another door leading out to the hall. The door on the left is my closet, sad isn't it? It's sooo small but no worries I have three of them this size throughout the house!

Here's the hallway, we did a wood planked ceiling over the wallpaper.
That's my husband's unfinished study at the end of the hall, another redo for another day.

Another view of the hallway, that door leads to the dining room.


The bedroom looked like this originally....


That's my dear daughter Kim taping up the windows  for painting.
This was truly a labor of love!


 I added a painting that fit perfectly into the mantel . Bead board covers the old coal fire box area.


I love the light coming into the room, not great for sleeping in but lovely to wake up to!
That bed is over 100 years old and has been in my husband's family that long.
Over on the left side is the unfinished area, not really unfinished but I have a dresser that I want to paint and one more window to sew a curtain for.

Boxwood wreaths are always the perfect accent in my opinion.


Chippy night stand painted with MMS Milkpaint in Linen and ruffled curtains.




I love my bedroom now.

Still loving my beautiful soft blue pillow from 6 Wilson Etsy Shop. I'm tellin' ya ladies, if you want a quality pillow go check out her shop!


So I'm working on the OTHER side of the room now and hope it won't take me another 6 months to finish it. How do you like it so far?

Sharing at...
Amaze Me Monday
The Scoop
Tweak it Tuesday




18 comments:

Little Penpen said...

I love it! The before and after pic's are incredible. It is now so bright and airy ... beautiful!

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Oh my gosh, Teresa! I just sat down with my coffee to blog read, and there was yours at the top of the list. Your bedroom looks lovely!! And, if you can believe it, I finally put your second pillow together and it will ship tomorrow, so you should have it Wednesday or Thursday. Thanks for the mention today -- you are one of the most generous people, truly! Have a great day. Carol

Vicky Hunt said...

I think it is absolutely dreamy Teresa! It is so beautiful and I love the century old bed. Every little thing you (and your daughter) did are just perfect. Enjoy waking up in your new bedroom.

Blessings, Vicky

Stacey said...

Beautiful! You are really turning that house into a showplace. I love seeing all your progress.

helenabelle said...

Hi Teresa! I love your bedroom! What a transformation! Paint is my very best friend, well that and a lot of hard work! My husband and I have been restoring our 110 year old farmhouse in Georgia for 15 months. I certainly know the satisfaction of completing a room or even half of one. In our master bedroom, the walls and floor are complete but not the trim work. There is a massive amount of trim work and two doors left. Everyday I think, today is the day, just start painting but something always, always comes up or needs to be done that is more pressing. So I feel your satisfaction in a hard job well done! Also, love the plank ceilings.

Deb mcK said...

I love it! What color is on the walls? I live in an old wonky house too, with a very wide hall. I also have sloping floors! Thank you for sharing.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love it, Teresa! I think it looks wonderful. I'm debating on when we get to paint our bedroom if I want to go light or dark. Right now it is a light beige {the move in color}. I would like it a bit darker for sleeping, but then I have been liking a lighter look in my home since we moved. So, I don't know.

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Teresa where to start. OMG this is such a great re love of this room. Love every single thing you did in there. Love that old bed and how the light comes in the room. It looks so great. You are really bringing diamonds out of the rough in this old farm home. Great job. I cannot wait to see more rooms.
Kris

yankeesinthewoods said...

I can't even begin to list all the details that I love in your room, or your home! The moldings, the light, sigh... Gorgeous! I love the light, bright room with the big, dark antique bed, it is perfection with the white linens! What a great job you've done!

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Dreamy!
I love the room, the paint the quaint little closet door.
I have on like that in my house. and it's right in the corner too!
I guess they tried to save as much space as possible back in those days.
Plus-- they didn't have ALL THE CLOTHES AND SHOES WE HAVE NOW!
I think it is coming along nice.
Pat

Amy Jo said...

Very Pretty! I love the fireplace.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Cecilia Bramhall said...

Ooo, how pretty! Love the fireplace and all. The room is coming together so nicely! Can't wait to see more! (Love your pillow too)

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Oh my goodness...I just love this! Lady, you did a lot of work and it shows! I would take this room any day! Leticia

Kathy Moreland said...

Teresa,
I love your bedroom. It must be so much fun to fix up this wonderful house! You're doing a beautiful job with it!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Wow, your bedroom looks amazing. The before pictures are unreal. Tons of work, but it all shows. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous room! All your hard work paid off! Just shared it on my FB page :) Thanks for linking up to Inspire Me Monday.
XO

Michele Alger said...

BRAVO! It's beautiful. I think the bedroom is the best place to make a peaceful sanctuary. You are definitely accomplishing that. I can't wait how the "other half" turns out! ;)

Cindy said...

I love it! The light in the room is beautiful, and just perfect with all your colors...

Cindy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...