Thursday, November 10, 2011

I Heart My Pillow

Available now in my   Etsy Shop

I've been in a heart mood as of late, there is something about that shape that just eludes love and a shabby cottage feel. I wanted to bring that into my guest room, yes I girly'd it up. Hey the hubby doesn't want pink and white with roses in the master so a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do right? Here's a pic of the still unfinished guest room with the heart garland I made from Sarah' Modern Country Style tutorial.
 I loved making the garland, it was fun and easy and accents the wreath perfectly don't you think?

I had two heart pillows about 6 years ago but when I moved across country  somehow they never made the move sniff sniff. Why is it when you move you always seem to lose or break the things you love the most?

Anyway where was I? So what do you do when you've lost a pillow you love? Make one to replace it!
It took me a couple of days and actually I only used my seam ripper 6 times, hey don't laugh that's a record! I used the gorgeous Rachel Ashwell Roseblossom fabric and trimmed it with a lovely light green with small white dots from moda. I just love the look. So here's my heart pillow that I made to give the room a little more of a cottage feel.



I didn't want the usual two sides sewn together with no dimension so I added boxing all around and used the trim fabric on the back along with another ruffle. It also has an invisible zipper so it can be removed for cleaning. It came out looking pretty close to what I lost in the big move. What cha' think? Girly enough for ya?

I made two and put one in my  Etsy Shop if you want to have your own girly pillow. #heartpillowbatten
I'm thinking of making them a permanent item in my shop using different fabrics if there is enough interest in them. Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. Your guest room is so pretty and so are Your shabby chic pillows..they're gorgeous, you did a great job on these and that heart garland is precious too :)
    Have a great weekend!
    Big hugs,
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your heart shape pillow! I'm your newest follower!
    Blessing,
    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The garland is beautiful and the pillow is so very girly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet pillow! You did a beautiful job with it. Thank you for joining us at TTF and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pillow is very cute! You did a great job on it. Thank you for linking up with Home Sweet home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pillow and that sweet heart garland!

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...