Wednesday, May 29, 2013

New Farmhouse Decor

 I stopped by my favorite Antique Store the other day and picked up some wonderful items to go with my Farmhouse theme. First up is this great Cow head. I added a pretty boxwood wreath to dress her up.
 
She hangs on the wall right before you enter my kitchen, hubby hasn't even noticed her yet, how does that happen cause she's pretty big? lol
 
I might find a pretty oval frame to put around her, what do ya think? 


I love collecting little birds, I have them all over my home. So I'm always on the lookout for them.


I found this great antique frame also, It used to house a mirror but now just the backing shows and I like it that way.

 Someone had made this cute chair planter that hangs on the wall. I have a chair like this one and I think it would look cute hanging on the side of my garage.


Loved this dresser painted with what looks like chalk paint. The old silver pieces on top are so charming.

 There is a man at the antique store that makes these bread boards by hand, he gave me a great deal on this big one that I am using for a centerpiece on my farmhouse table.








I fell in love with this great china hutch painted with chalk paint and distressed but there is no way I have any room for it in my dining room.


 .
I love old doors and this one with the boxwood heart wreath was super pretty



 Here's another little bird I picked up.


And still another item that I bought with a bird perched on top, love it.

I have  fallen in love with anything Farmhouse theme related, it just makes me happy to look at it. How about you what's your theme?

Blessings,
Teresa

Sharing at......
Wow Us Wednesday
Be Inspired
From the Farm Blog Hop
The Sunday Showcase Party
Amaze Me Monday
Inspire Me Tuesday
Tweak It Tuesday
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits







21 comments:

  1. I love birds, chickens, and all things rustic. I adore your cow head. A frame around her would be perfect. :) thanks for sharing...it's all super cute.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kind of funny that your husband hasn't noticed the cow head. I don't know if my husband would notice or not. I think he would be sometimes he surprises me.

    I love birds too. Just can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny about the cow head...mine would walk by it a few times before mentioning it:)
    Thanks for stopping by and I loved visiting the antique store with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that frame!!

    I am not sure what my theme is in my house. I guess just vintage. A friend came over one day and told me that my house reminded her of her grandma's house and I thought that was the greatest compliment ever! So, maybe my theme is Grandma's House!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love farmhouse decor, some cottage, always vintage, and homemade pieces always make me happy. We would have a blast shopping! Although we may fight over certain pieces... Your table looks amazing! I love the centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that missing mirror frame....that is so pretty. And my husband trembles in fear when I ask him...do you notice anything different?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is weird that he hasn't noticed that head yet. Men, what can you do, right? Love all the items you picked up. The birds are great and I am loving that bread board.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous as always!! Love your house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love all the wonderful inspiration! that dresser IS amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi - I just found you at Common Ground. The cow head caught my eye because I also sell them in my shop, Farmhouse Decor. Isn't she a beauty? I would love for you to check out my shop, Farmhouse Decor - www.farmhousedecorshop.com . I think you will love it. I love your home and have enjoyed the past 20 minutes visiting. Time flies when you're enjoying yourself. Would love you to follow me back, too.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I laughed out loud when you said your husband had not noticed the cow head. My husband is the same way. And then, one day he will notice and not believe me when I say something has been there for weeks.

    You had some great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your decor and your cow is amazing! Love the wreath you added and I think your idea about the frame would look wonderful!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the cow head. So funny your husband hasn't noticed. I think an oval frame would be nice. Have you named her? I love your farmhouse theme. I need a theme for our renovations but I'm just to overwhelmed with details to get to the decorating part. Thanks for leaving a message on my blog. You are my inspiration for posting our journey with fixing up a moble home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful finds...I love me some birds! Thanks for sharing. Popping over from Dwellings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, love your cow head, it is fabulous and so is that wonderful mirror. You do have some really cute birds too, and so many pretty pic of gorgeous pieces that I would love to have too. I just need a bigger house. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks like a great antique store. I am in love with that hutch too, it's beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for coming by Teresa to my blog now I have found you. I am a new follower. Great blog. Love it.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am loving your centerpiece with all the varied elements~the hand crafted cutting board makes a great base for your arrangement of the stacked plates in the wire cloche. The little birdie adds a fun warm touch and how cute are the tiny herb pots tucked into your blue Ball jars! Love it all!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, what amazing finds. Love the cow head it is so fun, and she has such a sweet face. So funny to me that your husband hasn't even noticed her! And that cupboard is soooo wonderful, i want it!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Where did you get the 2 sheep that you had on your mantle??! I love them. Ive looked everywhere online. I think you snatched them before I could get to the antique store. ;)

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...