Monday, June 10, 2013

Easy and Cheap Grainsack Table Runner


I bought some dish towels that reminded me of grain sack with no particular thought in mind of how I was going to use them.

I tucked them away until today when I was cleaning out my sewing room and voila! the idea came to me to make them into a table runner.

I just butted the ends of three dish towels together and sewed them with an Entredeux stitch, you could also use a zigzag stitch. It took about 5 minutes and that included threading the machine, a cinch!



I picked some Hydrangeas and Gardenia for the table and they look and smell wonderful!

Yes that's my ironing board in the background, still have a couple more projects I'm working on so it's staying out. I'll share those with you in a couple of days.
So the table runner, for $9, not bad huh?

Blessings,

11 comments:

  1. Teresa-I love that runner. That was a good use of those and I like the way it really has a little extra style because they are stitched together. Nice job-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, and it looks wonderful on your table. I'd love to have some hydrangeas! We've planted some at our lake house, so maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. What a super idea. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Did you use entredeux to join, or is there an entredeux stitch on your sewing machine? Sorry, I couldn't see the join. Either way, lovely idea!
    Blessings, Theresa @ Finding Grace, Going Mobile

    ReplyDelete
  5. This table runner is fabulous. I love the grain sack look!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! It's such a great look for summer! Your blog name is awesome, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful runner! It looks gorgeous on your table! I have a new weekly link party which is live now and I would love if you stop by and link up this wonderful post! Hope to see you there! http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com/ Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so clever and talented. I wish i could just borrow you and take you home with me to help fix up my house!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it. I would not have thought of sewing them together. I would have just laid them on the table side by side. SO GLAD I HAVE FOUND A CREATIVE BLOGGER.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute runner!! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome idea! I've been looking for a faux grain sack runner project, this one is perfect! I don't want to pay for the real thing. Where did you find the dish towels?

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...