Friday, October 25, 2013

Adding Texture Through Accessories


I have been thinking a lot about texture lately and why some vignettes look interesting and some are just so so. I decided that it's texture that adds interest, at least for me. So I added some different textures to a vignette in my new living room and I think... yeah, I like it!

Soft fluffy hydrangea with the smooth rams horn with some dried peas in the background and little iron birds.


The Ram's Horn is from my trip to Israel. Yep I packed it in my suit case for the trip home.
 The trumpet was my husbands when he was in high school band. I love the color and shine of it.



 The lamp features hand blown glass and the multi amber colors in it are really pretty.


This is on the wall opposite the front door so it's one of the first things you see.


 Love my preserved boxwood and
 balls of string, they look rustic and unexpected.


How do you add texture to your decor?



5 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, I think you got it! And I've been studying what works too, but it's still difficult for me. But fun, as is watching this house come to life with your hard work.

    I would not have thought about using the string, thinking that it be too industrial but it looks great with your more refined objects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa,
    This vignette is great. I love all the textures and that you used things you love. I love that you still have your hubby's horn from school. Love the shinny with the rustic. Great vignette.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think fabric is a great way to add texture. A knubby weave,burlap, velvet, etc. gives everything so much more depth. Great job on you vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your vignette is just gorgeous. I love all the different objects, colors, and textures together. I also love placing something unexpected in the grouping...like the spools. I have always loved mixing various objects and styles together for a somewhat ecletic look. It is much more interesting to me...:) I am enjoying your remodel and can't wait to see more.

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your vignette is just gorgeous. I love all the different objects, colors, and textures together. I also love placing something unexpected in the grouping...like the spools. I have always loved mixing various objects and styles together for a somewhat ecletic look. It is much more interesting to me...:) I am enjoying your remodel and can't wait to see more.

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...