Saturday, March 22, 2014

It's Porch Weather


The days are warming up and my thoughts are turning to working in the garden when I have the chance and relaxing on the porch with my hubby. Speaking of my hubby, he is a little better but still facing some surgeries in the next couple of weeks.  We are still awaiting the results of one critical test, very hard to have to wait. I just want to tell you how much I appreciate all of your well wishes. The blogging community is the best.

Spring is absolutely the best time of year to sit on the porch, drink sweet tea, daydream and steal a little  nap. I would love to spruce mine up a little. So I went on Pinterest to get some inspiration.  I'd love to have light blue on the ceiling like on this porch.


or this one


or even this one....

Below is what my porch looks like right now.
It's pretty big, 25 feet wide and 10 feet long so lots of room to play with.  It just  needs some color, right now it's just white with light green wood floors and darker green beadboard ceiling. Too much green.



I love my ferns, they just say 'relaxing porch' to me.


You can really see the dark green ceiling here, imagine it being a beautiful light blue.


Would love to have a swing.  I still remember as a little girl swinging with my Gramma on her porch.


Or perhaps a bed for that nap.....gentle breezes lulling you to sleep, wonderful!

(Unknown Source Pinterest)

Doesn't this look like the perfect spot to curl up and read a good book?

(Pinterest unknown source)

I love curtains on a porch, it adds such softness and the look of sheer curtains blowing in the breeze is so dreamy.

(Pinterest source unknown)

(Pinterest Unknown source)

I found this adorable Porch Sign  at Signs Plus Etsy Shop

A little table for an afternoon lunch or tea with the girls. I do have this right now, just need some new more comfortable cushions.


I just got a screen door similar to this one, I'm going to install it after I paint the porch. I got mine at Lowes


So how about you, are you more than ready for Porch Relaxing?

Sharing at.....
Wow Us Wednesday
Tweak It Tuesday
Be Inspired
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Best of the Nest
Fridays Unfolded



10 comments:

  1. No porch on my current home but we do have a nice open deck on the back. You absolutely must paint the ceiling of your porch haint blue; it is a Southern tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My old porch was very similar to yours-about the same size but reverse the colors- Dark green floor and paler green ceiling. How funny. I love ferns on a porch, too...and I hung leaded windows suspended by chain at the ends-one behind the porch swing and the other by the seating area.

    Oh-I can't wait to see what/if you do anything for Spring/Summer there.

    Still praying for your hubby Teresa. Let me know if you want me to post a prayer request for him some time in the future. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DO have a porch with a table to eat on and swing to sit and swing with The Honey...
    but I don't love my porch.
    It is in serious need of some TLC.
    I think what happened was...our porch became our temporary 'shed'...
    I can't wait to clean it and spruce it up. I need to paint the rafters on our porch too. No bead board...but I like the exposed rafters and am thinking bright white! Also could use some lighting for the evening time.
    Your pictures have given me some great ideas...
    I DO keep you and your hubby in my prayers. Praying for his health and good test results. Hang in there.
    Trust the LORD.
    God is FAITHFUL.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you're right! We really did have the same thoughts with posting about porches. You have a beautiful porch yourself. I do think painting your ceiling a light blue would be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, i can't believe your beautiful big porch! YES! paint the ceiling blue, and put a swing on it with big a big cushion like in the one photo! You'll have so much fun with this space for sure...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, love a porch.
    The lighter color on the ceiling really makes the rooms lighter.
    Love all of the pictures of your dreams for the perfect porch.
    If the weather would warm up here in upstate Vermont I would get busy putting my porch together as well, it is always the highlight of my spring weeks.
    Visiting from Common Ground today.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy, love a porch.
    The lighter color on the ceiling really makes the rooms lighter.
    Love all of the pictures of your dreams for the perfect porch.
    If the weather would warm up here in upstate Vermont I would get busy putting my porch together as well, it is always the highlight of my spring weeks.
    Visiting from Common Ground today.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are fortunate to have a porch! Such a wonderful spot to have tea or read. A light blue ceiling would be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful porch inspiration! We have a front porch, but so far it only has a wicker settee on it-and that has seen better days. Looking forward to finding some new ideas for it. Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love the blue ceiling and I really love your screen door!
    Will be praying for your husband♥

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...