Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I Got Sick of Looking at It!

I'm a procrastinator, lets just get that out of the way up front....
I waste time 'thinking' about doing things......
I 'think' about it so much that I never get around to actually doing 'it', whatever 'it'  is.
Am I the only one? I admire all you ladies who pump out tons of projects like a well oiled  machine.
I'm not that person.

But every once in a blue moon I kick myself in the rear and say....
STOP THINKING about it and just do it....duh.....what a novel idea!

So I have these end tables, they're old, they're grungy, they're well.... B O R I N G. I got sick of looking at them......
I've been 'thinking' about re-staining the tops and painting the bottom part with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.

Here's what one of the end table 'befores' looks like.....


See what I mean? Nothing special, not horrible but I think I can make them look better.



TaDa!
Pay no attention to that clashing gold chair, it's gonna be slipcovered in white.....well someday.



Don't you think the paint makes it look so much better? I stained the top with Dark Oak and painted the bottom with Coco chalk paint. It really lightened up this corner. Now I need to get busy and paint the other two. while I'm on a roll!

Sharing at...
Wow Us Wednesday
Furniture Feature Friday



9 comments:

  1. YES! it's gorgeous. Details, details: did you have to completely strip the old stain from the top before you restained it? I think your post was right on target for me, too. I was thinking just last night about how I've let the internet slow me down from actually 'doing' all the projects I'm drooling over! It's time to get busy for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that one looks great! Now just make sure you don't ROLL into the bedroom for a nap and you will be all set! You did a great job on that. I have some of those projects that are waiting on me, too. I am good about some things but postpone others- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! One thing about unfinished projects, you know they will always be there! Nobody will do them for you. (You know, kinda like dirty dishes) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the exact same way Teresa!
    I procrastinate in a bad way...
    I do like your tables. I find that when I tell the WWW that I have projects lined out to get done--that gives me the incentive get them done. Saving face, you know?
    I love your wood floors!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks beautiful mom...as usual you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This came out great Coco is one of my favorite colors. Did you take a drawer out or am I losing my mind??

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read Songbird's post just before yours, and she, too, was talking about procrastination. I'm glad I'm not the only one! Your table looks great, and we will look forward to seeing all of them done. Just think of your sense of accomplishment when you're finished!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table turned out beautifully!You are not the only one that suffers from procrastination, I do too. I just finally got to painting my buffet and then wondered why I hadn't done it way sooner! Check it out on my blog @ sweethavenhill.com if you have a chance. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the EXACT same side tables, and have been wanting to paint them, and keep looking at them thinking what do I want to do with these? LOL. I love what you did, you've inspired me to redo mine soon!

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...