Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Touches of Christmas

I'm not in full fledged decorating mode just yet but I wanted to do a few easy things to jump start the season.

 Every year I envision beautifully decorated rooms, Charles Dickens style. A Flocked Christmas tree all the way to the ceiling with twinkling lights and colorful ornaments.



"It is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas when its mighty Founder was a child Himself." ~Charles Dickens


 I remember when I was a child I would lay on my back under the tree and look up through the branches, it always looked so magical. That's what I want to recreate, a child like magical Christmas.

 Maybe this will be the year???


I added some snow batting to the bottom of the rustic wood box that I first showed you HERE , I filled it with some pretty white ornaments that I got at Hobby Lobby for half off.



The pine cones are from my yard, I added a little bird in a nest with berries and nestled in a candle.








The little white reindeer is from  my local antique flea market. The pic doesn't do him justice, he's so pretty.



They took beaded garland and somehow glued it on the body of  the reindeer, they did a fabulous job!

This is putting me in the mood to do some more decorating but I'll probably wait til after Thanksgiving. Hoping for the magic and hoping you're staying WARM!!!
Sharing at...
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Home Garden Thursday
Metamorphosis Monday
Wow Us Wednesday



9 comments:

  1. I'm really just not feelin' it yet either. Not in full out holiday decorating mode. Love the reindeer!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coffee table decor and that reindeer is so pretty. I just love your style. Everything you do is gorgeous to me! Have a blessed rest of the week.

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Teresa,
    You are off to a good start. The coffee table decor is pretty sweet. I start my decor early as my daughter has Thanksgiving so I can get a jump on it. Less stress down the road to get it up earlier than later. Happy Decorating.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a child's view Christmas. The simplest of things were so beautiful to us back then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so lovely!
    I like what you've done. It's just enough --for now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not ready to decorate yet, Teresa, but I am planning what decorations I might put out this year. I love the idea of using some batting in your wood box as snow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty already!

    Not decorating here until after Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your first touches of Christmas - that Reindeer is gorgeous! I will be featuring your post in this week's Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your home. Thank you for sharing all the little details.

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...