Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Things Are Growing


So just a quick look at how things are growing out back. It's a big change, when we moved in six months ago there was nothing growing except the trees. I don't think anyone ever planted a single flower on the property, so sad.  Out home in Alabama had very mature beautiful plants every where. Azaleas, gardenias, iris's, pecan tree, pomegranate bushes, holly etc.

 It just seemed so barren and unloved here at this new home. We love flowers and we spend so much time at home now that I wanted to really give it some love and TLC. It's amazing how much plants cost these days so I'll be doing it a little at a time. I especially wanted to plant the roses tho, I wanted some flowers that smelled really wonderful and looked just as wonderful to cut for inside the house.

So here we go, the area above my back steps are planted with Vinca and Asparagus Sprengeri, I can't remember what the light colored plant is but I like it hehe.



Down below I planted some coneflowers , my Eden climbing rose and my Moondance Rose.
I know it looks a little bare. I'll be adding some more coneflowers and maybe some sort of white flower to fill it in a little until the roses get bigger. There were a few odd bricks and blocks along with some wood laying around so I just used them for a border of sorts.


This is what Moondance will look like...

And the gorgeous Eden climbing rose.....


Close up of the Coneflower....


Next to the side gate I have lantanas which I love. They are pretty and carefree so what's not to like?


I have a lot of pink flowers so I wanted to add some blue in with this pretty plumbago.

My daughter got me this cute little chicken garden decor. I used to have chickens in Alabama and really miss having them. We aren't allowed to have them in my neighborhood, boo.


Take a look at this beautiful flower, it a form of Hibiscus.



My little succulents are doing really well too, take a look.....


Oh I almost forgot about the rose bed. I received my bareroot roses a little late in the season so no flowers yet but lots of leaves.


I have the following roses planted in there..... Sunny Days...


My Olivia Rose Austin English rose.....

Jane Seymour Hybrid Tea

Bella Roma, a very fragrant rose, in fact all of the roses i planted are very fragrant.


Aromatherapy...


Clouds of Glory, isn't it beautiful!


I also planted this Beautiful Bride Clematis, I've never had one of these. It's only like 3 inches high right now but this is what it will look like, lots of growing to do!

Another first time plant for me, a Peony, this one is called Sorbet.


So that's it so far. Whats growing in YOUR garden?

Sharing at Wow Us Wednesday



10 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you blogging again. Lovely plants. Flowers make such a difference. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanie, yes I have missed blogging and it feels good to do a post once in a while. The flowers have inspired me.

      Delete
  2. So pretty! Hope Toby is doing well! You should give an update for all to know ! Thanks! Blessings!Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, thank you for thinking of Toby and I will do an update on my very next post! He is still amazed that so many people pray and care, people he has never met. It's a wonderful thing!

      Delete
  3. Hi Teresa, flowers are wonderful therapy and yours look like they are off to a good start! The silvery plant is Dusty Miller. I love it and have some planted in my tonka truck. :-) I only plant fragrant roses too...that's what a rose should be about besides its pretty blooms. Boo on not being allowed chickens but your metal one is cute. It's always good to see a post from you. Hope all is well.
    Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa,
    You bring beauty to wherever you are! Your touch with decorating, gardening, and style are so reflective of your heart and soul....I love your new home, as well as those you left behind, they all show your love of home and hearth.
    I am thankful that you and Toby have adapted to your new surroundings, and that God has blessed you both with His love and strength.....
    Take care dear one....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see all your roses in bloom! I have 6 rosebushes waiting to be planted right now...perhaps I will get to them this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teresa, It is SO nice to see a post from you. One day you will have beautiful gardens there, too. It just takes time and energy, doesn't it? Oh, yeah...and money! lol I only have one rosebush here- a New Dawn and I just planted it a year ago. Knowing we are going to move means I am not putting any more plants in here but will just keep up the small garden beds I already have established. Do irises grow there? If so, I could send you some tubers to plant. Let me know. I have tons of them-some of them are a very pretty light lemony yellow (those are not common around here at all).
    Happy Memorial day to you and your hubby. I keep you in my prayers. xoDiana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Teresa,
    So happy to see a post from you. Your garden is looking so pretty. Hugs hugs my friend.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy to see this post. Your flowers are all so pretty. I don't have much planted this year. I just don't have time to keep up with flowers lately. I will just enjoy looking at yours. :) I pray Toby is still doing well. I will keep you both in my prayers. Hugs to you.

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...