Saturday, July 15, 2017

A Look Inside

Thanks for stopping by the other day and leaving comments. I was wondering that after such a long absence from blogging if anyone was still following. So I was so happy to see some familiar 'faces'. Most of you have only seen my home when we first bought it and it was empty. I thought it was time I showed you some of the inside. It has taken me forever to put my house together, I just haven't seemed to have the decorating bug at all. But I have managed to pull a few rooms together, lol, that's all I have a few, very few rooms. So here's a little look at the dining room.


That's the table Toby and I built back in 2013 I believe. I just put a new coat of stain on it as it was looking a bit drab. Over in the corner of the dining room is the old cabinet I rescued and painted white. The double doors lead out onto the porch and the bay window looks over the back yard.




 The living room you can see above joins the dining room.


I use this table for a desk, it's really a sofa table but works fine for what I need as I don't have any room in the living room for it.


This used to be my desk but it fits better here for the coffee bar. This area gets a lot of traffic in the morning.

So that's my dining room, we rarely use the  farm table but I'll never give it up since it is one of the first things Toby and I made for our home.

Thanks again for stopping by, Toby goes for his MRI on the 26th of this month so pray for good news. Love y'all, take care.






18 comments:

  1. lovely home, prayers for a good report. Shelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelia, I got rid of a lot of things due to moving in to a smaller home. I like it as it's so much less to take care of.

      Delete
  2. So nice to see your dining room! It is so bright and calm feeling. The table is beautiful! Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Ann. Calm was what I was aiming for so I guess I was successful. We really only use that room to get the coffee, use my desk and a thoroughfare too let the dog out lol.

      Delete
  3. I knew it would be beautiful and it is !! You have such an eye for decor. I love it all. I esp. like your new little desk area. Prayers for you and Toby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe that is so sweet of you to say that, it made me feel good. Thank you for your continued prayers too!!!

      Delete
  4. My Goodness! It is so good to see you posting again! I love your home and you have done a great job with it-especially considering all you two have been through in the last few years. I love that farm table and would never give it up either.

    You know I will be praying for Toby AND you. Let me know if you want me to do a prayer post for you. I would be happy to do that. Love to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels good to post again too Diana! It has taken me a while to get it together in the house and I still have a ways to go mainly in the bedrooms but it will come. Thank you always for your prayers and I would be so grateful for a prayer post, you are an angel sure!

      Delete
  5. I love how beautiful you have made your home. My favorite is that Farmhouse table..it's gorgeous! Toby remains in my prayers as do you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teresa! It's gorgeous! I want mine to look like this and I'm slowly working on it. I first need to declutter and this is not fast progress for me. Is that Toby I see in the background of one of the photos ? Sent you a letter the day I got your email last week. Then I saw the post a few days ago. I completely forgot that I met you through a blog! Hope we are able to meet in person one day. BIG HUG!! (from Patty S. -- I can't comment unless it's "anonymous" since I don't have any of the other choices)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty!!! Oh my goodness, so nice to hear from you! I had hoped my email got through okay. Yes that is Toby, I didn't realized he was in it until I posted lol. That area of the living room is his command central, he has his dog, his remote, water bottle, warm blanket, footstool and tv tray hahaha. He calls it his comfort zone. I was wondering who anonymous was and now I know hehe.

      Delete
  7. Very homey, welcoming and serene.....lovely. Hope all goes well with Toby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim, I'm doing my best to make it serene and peaceful. Toby is responding well to the treatment so far and we are both very hopeful indeed.

      Delete
    2. Well, I would say that you've achieved your goal!

      I was glad to hear that Toby was excepted into the clinical trial and am so happy for y'all that he's responding well to the treatment. Y'all are in my thoughts.

      Delete
  8. Absolutely Adorable! Love your decor !!! Prayers for you both are already happening!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Cindy, doing my best to make it Home Sweet Home. Thank you so much for your prayers!

      Delete
  9. Your home looks very inviting. I love the farmhouse table and your little chippy desk is a perfect coffee station. I will be praying for the best results on the MRI.
    Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cecilia, I missed you all so much, thanks for your prayers and kind comments and mostly for stopping by!

      Delete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...