Monday, February 21, 2011

I had the blues......


Ever really like a color so much that you ended up using it EVERYWHERE, then all of a sudden you realize you overdid it just a tad? Well that was the case in my entry way. I loved this soft blue but using it on the wall and a variation of it on the furniture was way too much. It needed a  fresh color added to break things up a bit. So I put up some bead board wallpaper, painted it white, added a chair rail and it changed the whole look of things. I think white  makes everything look clean and crisp. What do you think? I am linking to the following parties!
http://www.domestically-speaking.com/2011/02/61st-power-of-paint-party-art.html
http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/2011/02/chair-transformation-and-wow-us.html
Too much blue




Much better


5 comments:

  1. Beadboard wallpaper? I've never heard of it. BUT, it looks FABULOUS! I agree, the white really freshens it up.

    Your nightstand makeover inspired a color i chose in my bedroom redo. If you have a minute...go over and check out my post titled "A room to View." You might like the white and blue/gray going on there too.
    www.jereandallyson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new color of your cabinet, and LOVE that rooster lamp. Don't look here if it goes missing(LOL)!! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little table and I love the new blue color :) and if the rooster goes missing..you need to look for Martina..not me haha.
    Beth :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The table is adorable and really shows up great behind that white. Just found your lovely blog via WUW. I'm your newest follower and would be delighted to have you follow me back.
    Have a great day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great. I have thought about using that. Thanks for joining WUW.

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...