Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Distressed bedside nightstand

My newest thrift store find!

Somebody started to give her a makeover but never finished :(

Lots of space inside

Strange little curved cutout, anyone know what it could have been used for?

HERE IT IS HALF DONE, I REPLACED THE PULLS AND GAVE HER A LAYER OF  KILTZ WITH  A FOAM BRUSH AND TWO COATS OF VALSPAR BELLE GREEN WITH MY PURDY BRUSH, THEN SANDED TO DISTRESS AND GLAZED WITH VALSPAR MOCHA GLAZE. FINISHED UP BY SPLATTERING BROWN AND MINWAX TO PROTECT





CROWN PULLS FROM HOBBY LOBBY

I THINK IT IS CALLING FOR SOME APPLIQUES? HMMM......

I LIKE IT

VIGNETTE

INSIDE REDONE NOW!

STRANGE LITTLE OPENING

TOP WITH SPLATTERING AND DISTRESSING

BEFORE

AFTER
Here is the before pic of my recent thrift store find, it was $27. I saw beyond the beast to the beauty I knew she could become. I am linked to the fun at THE PURDY PARTY  and  TRANSFORMATION THURSDAYS. See links on top sidebar.

16 comments:

  1. Beautimus! I love to see pieces that have been redone that others would have put in the dump. Visiting from The Shabby Chic Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa; I love your little nightstand re-do! It's so adorable, and the black lamp looks "FAB" on top of it! I'm going to be your newest follower. I hope you'll stop by my blog ~New England Style~ and maybe follow me back ;)

    Michelle
    www.newengland-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job!!!! I love the color!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat piece. I love the color on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love this!!! You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a transformation! Love the color and the distressing. I hope you'll share a project on my new linky party Friday! http://www.lovelycraftyhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just Beautiful!!
    Fabulous transformation... great color.
    (stopping by from Better/After)
    (new follower also :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful transformation! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. From better after........LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to do this to some pieces of mine that are already painted. Do I need to strip them or just start with the Kilz on top of the paint? Love that color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful! I love it. The color is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I especially love the color and like it just how it is- so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cabinet is beautiful, the color is incredible and the vignette perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful!!! I'm so in love with the little details and the color you chose for it, well done!!

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...