Thursday, June 16, 2011

Loving the Farm Life

Time for a midday nap





 I really love living close to the Earth so to speak. My garden is flourishing
and the chickens are laying. It just doesn't get any better than this. Here's a few, well okay a LOT of pics for you to enjoy!



Yum can't wait to eat me some corn




More beans and radishes





Getting ready to cook these up straight from the garden


Our wood pile just called for an old timey black and white

Chicken coop for the ladies that my husband made, so cute!

The ladies' grand entrance

Tillie hunts for dinner

We mix a variety of feed for the girls and save the table scraps for them as well

There's Goldie coming out to greet the day, I hope she left me a present in there

Hmmmm...looks like they're saving the eggs til later
Here are the lovely gifts our ladies left us, did you know that eggs from the store are already a month old by the time they are put out for sale? Chickens are easy to care for and they give you so much in return. I would encourage everyone to get two or three if your zoning allows. Haha, hubby is in the background with his kneepads on, he's always working on some project.

My hubby designed and built the coop, he put a side door in for easy clean out. I use the scrapper to scrap out the poop into the barrel to later be used in compost.

Easy access to the nest boxes

I can't believe the blooms on the crape myrtles this year.

Great old abandoned one room house next to our property



We have about 20 pecan trees on the property, last year the drought resulted in zero pecans. This year is going to be a bumper crop. Thank you Lord Jesus.

Saved the best pic for last, isn't this the cutest?

4 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love these pictures and this post! My husband and I love the country, and would love to live in it if we could!

    Your horses are so sweet, and I LOVE chickens! :) My good friend next door has them, and I love their clucking and the occasional eggs we get from them! :) If we stay here, I plan on getting our own chickens. We are actually not part of any city {unincorporated}, so we can have them! {yea!}

    Thank you for sharing all of this~ it was so fun to read! :)

    Blessings,
    Jenni

    P.S. I forgot to say how cute I think the hen house is! :) Love the red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you with your garden and your chickens and living with the earth. I think that's so cool. We finally have a place where we could actually do a garden. I don't know the first thing about it, and AZ is hideously hot, but I'm gonna try. Goodness knows I need to save a buck or 2 on produce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...