Thursday, June 16, 2011

Recovering a lamp shade

I just finished with my dining room makeover (I'll do a post later this week on that), but for this post I want to share my lamp shade redo. After putting up new curtains in my dining room the old shades on the light over my table looked dull. I didn't have much of a budget to work with from the git go so new shades were out of the question. Below are the pics of how I recovered them with a little tutorial. Here's how they looked before.

 Here's the after....


Here's how I did it....

Make a pattern of one section and pin to the fabric you'll be using. cut it out x's how many sections you have. My shades have 6 sections each. Apply Fray Check to the edges so they won't unravel.

Next you will use spray fabric glue to adhere each section to the shade.

After you have all your sections glued, you can add ribbon or trim around the top and bottom using a hot glue gun.
One more look
Before
After
So there you have it!

6 comments:

  1. Genius!!!
    Did you do anything to the seam area so they do not ravel???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! yes Kathy I forgot to add, I used Fray Check on the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute! I love it! Thanks for the tutorial!

    Lou Cinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job...looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These turned out great! I love the toile shades!
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those turned out absolutely fabulously! LOVE the fabric. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...