Monday, October 3, 2011

Heart Garland

So I spent a gazillion hours the other night on Modern Country Style Blog , if you've never visited you are missing out. She has some wonderful craft tutorials and there was one in particular that I fell in love with. It was her cinnamon and heart garland tutorial. She gave such great instructions with pictures and I just knew I had to make it for the space above the bed in my guest room. It was fast, easy, smells delicious and I think it turned out adorable. Tell me what you think....

I added a little burlap with the cinnamon sticks, by the way, have you priced cinnamon sticks lately??? At my local supermarket they wanted $7 for 4 small sticks!!! But lucky me, I went to the flea market this past weekend and lo and behold there was someone there selling spices. I bought all she had, 4 containers with 10 sticks each at only $1 dollar a container.



I'm still working on my guest room redo (that's why you see the half painted wall lol) so this is only a sneak peek. Mom came for a month long visit so all work came to a screeching halt. It was great to have her and she thought the room looked cute the way it was, but I have more plans in store. So I just wanted to give a big Thank You to Sarah at Modern Country Style. Hop on over and indulge yourself!

I'm linking to the following parties....
One Project at a Time
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
MET Monday
Masterpiece Monday
Time Travel Thursday
Wow Us Wednesdays
Transformation Thursday

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love how your heart garland turned out! It's gorgeous! :) And I agree, Sarah is such a lovely person, and I love her blog, too! :) I am glad to hear you had fun with your mom in town!

    I hope you have a good night! :)

    Blessings,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you lovely, lovely girl!!! Thank you so much for your generous words about my blog. I wish you could see my face - a *big* smile!!

    And I LOVE your version of the cinnamon and heart garland. It turned out beautifully. Your hearts are beautifully shaped.

    I totally agree with you about the price of cinnamon sticks. I got mine from ebay. I bought LOADS feeling pleased with myself for finding such a bargain...and now they're taking up space in my art cupboard!!!!

    Huge hug to you,

    Sarahxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks lovely above the bed. I love the smell of cinnamon. Our Kroger's grocery has cinnamon brooms for $3.99 and I think I will buy one this week. The delicious smell lasts forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the garland and it looks really great with the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute project. I'm totally in love the headboard in your room.

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...