Saturday, December 17, 2011

Winter Wonderland Under Glass

I picked up this terrarium about 8yrs ago at an antique store. It was originally black and I've always had plants inside.
But this year I decided to do a copy cat of this beautiful display featured at  Between Naps on the Porch

You remember this little guy from this post well, I wanted him to have his own home.                                        
                                      
So I spray painted the terrarium white. Added lots of snow, some Christmas trees, some Christmas toys, a church and last but not least the Snowman.





Everything in this display was purchased at one of my favorite  thrift stores and cost less than $10 total except for the snowman which I made. Not bad eh?

I'll leave this decorated until after New Years Day then maybe I'll decorate it for each holiday, kinda like playing house lol. 

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that sweet snowman found a home! What a beautiful vingette!

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw and liked your comment over at Brenda's blog and came here for a visit. Now I am your latest follower.
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your terrarium. I, too, am in love with Susan's. Yours is awesome. Terrariums have so much potential, don't they. I saw one for purchase at Pottery Barn - but you know their prices. Think I'll look for one similar to yours.

    Thanks for sharing, and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your terrarium. I, too, am in love with Susan's. Yours is awesome. Terrariums have so much potential, don't they. I saw one for purchase at Pottery Barn - but you know their prices. Think I'll look for one similar to yours.

    Thanks for sharing, and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post thanks for sharing! happy holidays...blessings soray

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful home he has. Love it. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...