Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Little Coffee in my Creamer

For all you vanilla coffee lovers out there here's a great recipe for French Vanilla Coffee Creamer that my dear daughter from Texas sent to me.
That first cup in the morning is heavenly isn't it? Just seems to ease you into the day. 


Ingredients:
14oz sweetened condensed milk
14oz milk (whole, lowfat, or skim - doesn't matter)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract OR Vanilla Coffee Syrup for a stronger flavor
a mason jar (quart is perfect)

Instructions:
Pour all of the ingredients into your mason jar.  Screw the lid on tightly, and shake vigorously for a few minutes until well combined.

To Make it creamier, substitute the milk for heavy cream





You can store it in this jar in the fridge and when you really want to feel the love transfer some into a cute little creamer like my yellow cow.

Here is one of the little tea towels I made, A couple more are on the horizon. 
Of course you have to have a great cup of coffee to start out with and I haven't found a better way to brew coffee than my vintage coffee pot, to get one for yourself see the link on my sidebar. It makes the most wonderful pot of coffee, so smooth and rich. 
Still loving my possum belly cabinet. I'm on a mission to get back to basics and this cabinet gives me the incentive to do just that. I try to envision how the homemakers back in the day centered their day around the kitchen, baking and canning. While i don't think I could do that, still I like to incorporate some of the old way of doing things. I think it's just a more wholesome way of living. 

Linking to:
 Elaine's Sunny Simple Sunday
Brenda's Tweak It Tuesday

11 comments:

  1. That looks like a wonderful homemade creamer! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good. I love flavored creamers and it is probably better for you that all the junk they put in the store bought stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohh luv this recipe! and super super super love your coffee pot! Gotta get me one of those! do you use it daily?

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm, what's not to love? Sounds yummy! I heart your little cow creamer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, YUM!!! That sounds wonderful, and I don't usually use flavored creamers. Love the little creamer too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to make this for my morning cup!
    Sounds delish!
    We were short on sugar earlier in the week...so I used homemade brown sugar in my coffee (which is white sugar and Molasses) ...it made my coffee taste so rich! I liked it. I'm looking forward to this creamer. Thanks for sharing it!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. This recipe for creamer is a must try!!! Yes, that first cup does help ease you into the day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds delicious, and just a bit decadent, Teresa! Mmmmm....yum! Love the little cow too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The creamer sounds divine! Love your little coffee station too. I know what you mean about back to basics homemaking. I wish I could do all he things my Mom did that I thought were old fashioned and out dated. I was a dummy lol. I keep telling myself I need to get the stuff and learn to can something just to say I did it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! just wanted to stop by and say last night... after reading this post. I went in the kitchen (because I had all this on hand) and made some.
    got up this morning and had it in my coffee!
    Mmmm... Soooo gooood. =D Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to make and try your coffee creamer. Loving that possum belly cabinet, the name is so descriptive. I have a similar coffee percolator that was a wedding gift 38 years ago. It does make delicious coffee. I don't know if they even make them anymore.

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...