Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Frenchy Table Runner

Now I love burlap don't get me wrong, hey doesn't everyone? But my dark walnut table top looked washed out with my burlap table runner, brown on brown just didn't pop. So what's a girl to do? Why break out the trusty sewing machine and make like Betsy Ross of course! I contemplated making my new runner out of..you guessed it 'drop cloth'. But I opted for onasburg instead. It has a nubby texture and is a little softer and more refined than drop cloth. I measured the length of my table  and made allowances for a five inch doubled ruffle on each end. I also doubled the runner itself to give it more body. I  added a Frenchy graphic from where else...Graphic Fairy. Here's the completed runner.

You can see my bucket handles from my new Farm House Light Fixture hanging down. 
Here's the old burlap runner.
It wasn't bad I just wanted a lighter touch.
Yep, I like it!
So what's up next? Hmmm...maybe the ceiling??? Stay tuned.

10 comments:

  1. Teresa,
    Your runner is gorgeous. Could you tell me how you applied your graphic? I tried all afternoon yesterday to get one to print correctly on transfer paper, and never did get it to come out right. I'm thinking it may be the ink in my printer. Just wondering the technique you used.

    I always enjoy seeing your projects. You have such a charming home.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, I LOVE it! It is so beautiful, and I love both the fabric and how you used the French graphic! It looks gorgeous on your table! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and I love that wire cloche.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new one is lighter and brighter. I always am delighted by a wire cloche. Visiting from Brenda's. Olive

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it ! It is so pretty. Perfect for you table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very pretty and a nice lighter look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love it, it looks perfect. Great centerpiece too. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! I love runners with ruffles. Everything looks nicer with a ruffle or pom pom fringe :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! I love everything you have done!

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...