Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Little Beauty in my Yard

I walked out the other morning to this beautiful site.

One of my Stargazer Lillies had bloomed! I've been watching each day waiting for it to bloom and it didn't disappoint me one bit. I planted several bulbs and this is the first one that bloomed. It seems like a miracle to me that you can place an ugly bulb in the dirt and from it emerges this glorious site, amazing! 
All the gentle rain we've been having is making everything grow so beautifully. Here are a few more pics of my plants.


I planted impatiens and sweet potato vine in this water feature turned planter.


I love Coleus, no flowers on them but the foliage is gorgeous.


The Hosta and the Coleus grow in harmony next to one another, they both thrive in shade and have the same watering requirements.

 This Coleus features lots of light green which is a real accent in the garden.


This purple and green Coleus almost didn't make it, the chickens thought it was planted just for their eating pleasure.


The Sweet Potato Vine and Impatiens along with a Spider plant love their little home in this wheel barrow.




The  Purple Crape Myrtle Tree is full of blooms.
 My fern is loving all the light rain, sending her fronds out in all directions. It loves living along with the Hostas and Coleus too.

 Mr Tree (see his face?) is watching over all the plants in his care.


But the star of the show is still my Stargazer Lilly

.Even though this world can be a place of hurt, sadness and disappointment God's love and hope is evident, all we have to do is look.
These  flowers remind me that God has shown His love for us by by filling the earth with beauty. The most beautiful of all is His Love as shown by sending His Son Jesus to die for us. I'm am overwhelmed by the wonderfulness of it all. On this the Lord's Day may I never forget His unending love that cost so dearly.

10 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous pictures, Teresa. A whole lotta beauty in your yard. I lost all my Stargazer lilies this past winter. Yours are gorgeous- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that repurposed fountain. God has given you so many gifts, and I am glad that you freely share them! I hope my yard will yield some lovely pictures later.

    Thanks for dropping by my fledgling blog, lol, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stargazer lily is lovely! Enjoyed all of your pics! Yes, many blessings to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you even believe you can tuck a crusty old bulb in the ground, and end up with some as glorious as that Stargazer lily!!?? It's really incredible isn't it...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely gorgeous garden!!!! I am so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really loved touring your beautiful yard! You did such a great job of combining different plants together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet post! Love your beautiful yard!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your flowers are beautiful! I can't wait until it cools off here so I can have flowers again!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Your garden is just lovely. I do love tree faces. :) Right now, my garden is bare. I guess it will be that way until the pups grow up and lern not to et my plants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh good grief! I hate typing on my iPad... Learn, not lern and eat, not et. Lol

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...