Monday, November 30, 2015

I Didn't Drop Off The Face Of The Earth

So  I haven't posted in a long long time. I can't explain why,I think one reason is  because I couldn't find the energy.  I know it wasn't fair to all of you who so faithfully prayed and followed our story with Toby's cancer so please forgive me. I just couldn't keep posting about it, it became too hard. His cancer is back and it has invaded the nerves in his brain. He has been getting chemo and Proton (radiation) therapy and he had a bout with pneumonia and a skin infection that put him in the hospital for a few weeks. But I want you to know that he is back home and  done with his Chemotherapy and  Proton Therapy treatments, we won't know for about three months when they do another scan how effective it was against the  cancer cells. God alone knows what the ultimate outcome will be.
We ended up selling our home in Alabama. We put all of our things in storage where it still remains but we were able to put a down payment on another home in Texas, we knew we needed to be near M.D. Anderson Cancer Center for the long haul. We are trying to figure out when and how to get our things here. We picked up a few second hand items to get us by until we get our stuff.  Here is a picture of our new home.

It has a cabin feel too it, much smaller than our other house but it's all we need. It backs up to a national forest and we often see deer grazing close by. It's very peaceful and we need some quiet and peace in our lives right now.


I think we are going to enjoy the wrap around porch.


 The Living area with a wood burning fireplace, The house has lots of windows to let in the light, I like that.



A view looking into the dining room from the kitchen area. Again, I love all the windows.

Another view of the dining room.

The kitchen with open shelving and garden window.

The master bedroom, I like the bay window in here too.
Extra bedroom.


It's near a lake so that Toby will be able to enjoy fishing so that makes me happy. I miss my old house but if I've learned anything from traveling this cancer journey with my Toby is that it's only stuff and really meaningless when it comes down to it. As long as you are with the ones you love that's really all that matters. I just want to make a home for him to enjoy and to be comfortable in. I'll keep you posted as best I can.  I want to thank all of you again for your emails and the love you have shown us. It was your prayers, emails and kind thoughts that kept us going when it often seemed  too hard. So for that I thank you all and I will always hold you close in my heart for your kindness, each and every one of you are so dear to me.






22 comments:

  1. Your new home looks so cozy and inviting. I hope that you and Toby create many happy memories there and live happily ever after.
    I pray for the best outcome for Toby. Many blessings to the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new home looks like it has a nice feel. And it is lovely. I am glad you took a break but thank you for the up date and you remain on my prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking of you two over the weekend! It's so good to hear from you. I love your house and all its windows. We hope to buy a new house within the next year and that is my only criteria.... lots of windows!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new home is just beautiful! I've followed your blog for a couple of years and I just know that you will make the new home a great place for Toby to find rest and comfort. I'll gladly continue to pray for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teresa, I am so sorry for the recurrence of this nasty disease. I pray that Toby makes a recovery. I had a friend go to MD Andersen and she tells us how awesome it is. Welcome to Texas. I live three hours west of you. Although we are "in the south" you won't find grits on the menu at cafes, but we do say "Y'all" and many people think Texans are quite friendly. I hope you have a positive experience here (even though most of us do not like Houston). The house is gorgeous and I hope that you will feel at home here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Teresa! I'm sorry to hear of this nasty thing coming back. Sorry you had to sell you home but you have another lovely one and it's so good you can be near MD Anderson. What a great hospital. You take care and thanks for letting us hear from you. Toby and you will be in my prayers.
    Blessings,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have thought of you guys often and continually pray for you both! May you have many. Beautiful years at your lovely new place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too have thought of you both so often and looked for a post from you. I am so sorry to hear your battle is still on going. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too have thought of you both so often and looked for a post from you. I am so sorry to hear your battle is still on going. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too, ha ve been thinking of you all and wondered how you were doing. I'm glad for the update but sad the cancer came back. Your new home looks cute...love the porch! and the setting does look peaceful. You remain in my prayers. Thanks for letting us know what's going on. Take care. Much love,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was so happy to hear from you. I am so sorry to hear that Toby's cancer returned and he had so much to go through again. Hopefully the chemo and proton therapy have gotten rid of it for good this time. I tell you, I;m not one to hate or use the word hate often, but I do hate this dreadful disease. I know so many people traveling the cancer road and it is so unfair. Your new home is so pretty! And, it looks like the perfect place for Toby to get some R & R....very cozy and homey! I know you will do wonders with it in the decor department too! I love all the open shelving in the kitchen too. So much storage! I will continue to keep you and Toby in my prayers. Keep your faith....it is the most important thing to have. You already know that though. Hugs and prayers my friend.

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Teresa - It's wonderful to see a post from you. It's so hard to blog in an upbeat way when hard things are happening. I've thought about you and Toby since your last post and wondered how you were doing. I know your decision to sell the house and move couldn't have come easily but your new home looks lovely and full of promise. I know you will make a comfortable and cozy home for you and Toby. Blessings to both of you. Jonni

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad for the update, Teresa... As always, you and Toby have a legion of supporters in prayer for this next change in your lives. The home you guys have chosen looks perfect, ready for your nesting and comfort. It radiates peaceful vibes and nature. My hope is that you two continue to feel the love and prayers coming your way in constant flow. If only a line or two, please let us know how you are doing and know we care

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Teresa, thanks for the update and I understand needing a break, you deserve one. The new house looks great. Many windows and open. Saying continued prayers

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Teresa. I am sorry you have to go through this with Toby, but you are so right- things are only things and can be replaced...or not. People are all we really have at the end of it all. Praying for good results in the upcoming weeks and months. God bless you. xo Diana
    ps- Thank you, too, for your sweet visits to my blog and your concern about our Lulu. She is healing and will soon be back in school. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Teresa, I just found your blog with the darling mobile home you owned. I wonder if you remember the manufacturer name &/or model? I am planning a move in the next year and the layout is exactly what I need. God bless you and Toby. I will be praying for you both as well. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cancer is such a difficult thing. I have a sister-in-law that has been battling it this past year. Her chemo has just stopped before Christmas and she received some good news on the scans. I think it was wise to move near the cancer center and the home looks so cozy and inviting and peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Teresa I a have apparently missed this post.
    My apologies for sure. But today... you were on my heart. I'm glad I came here, maybe not late, but on time. To tell you that I am praying for you. Be strong. Keep Faith.
    and without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he that comes to God, must believe that he is and that HE is a rewarder of those who seek HIM. HEBREWS 11:6
    blessings my friend.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...