Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Bird Stationary box

I saw a darling bird box at Lindy's Cottage Hill Blog  and decided to give it a shot. Here's mine.

I found a wood box at Michaels and gave it two coats of Martha Stewart Sea Glass in eggshell, then painted the branch and leaves with some acrylic paints. Then I printed out the bird from Graphics Fairy and modge podged it to the branch Next I distressed it with a mocha glaze, splattered brown specks with a toothbrush and finished off with satin polycrylic. I still need to find a cute little knob for the front but I think it turned out pretty good, what say you?

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jannet, I wish I could take credit for the idea but it was lots of fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I like how your box turned out better than mine!

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...