Friday, January 11, 2013

Finally the Kitchen Reveal!

 Whew! This has been long in coming, finally after a full year my kitchen is officially done! Here is how it looked when we moved in 2 1/2 years ago. Tons of brown laminate cabinets, yucky linoleum, ugly light fixtures. Can anybody say REDO? 
Warning, LOTS of pics ahead!
***Watch for my new E Books on turning your mobile home into Farmhouse Fantastic!***

 The angled base cabinet on the right in the pic below was removed to give a more open feel and flow.

The only thing it really had going for it was it's size, windows over the sink, lots of cabinets and it had a pantry. But as for aesthetics ......well to put it nicely she needed a complete makeover some 'work'. Oh and that non-working dishwasher, she found a new home at the local dump. 


This is how it looks today!  My goal for this makeover was to give the kitchen more of a Farmhouse feel, I think I accomplished that, at least my version of a farmhouse. It always amazes me what a little white paint can do to transform a space.

We primed and painted with Behr Creamy Semi Gloss. 
 The flooring was purchased a while back but we needed to finish all the painting before putting it down. It's a click and lock floating floor. My hubby laid the floor in two days, he did a wonderful job. Super easy to lay just a little time consuming with the cuts on the end.

 The stove area feels the most different to me, I love how the stove just blends in now instead of sticking out like a sore thumb.
I decorated the top of the cabinets with farmhouse decor.
Our everyday plates are really handy stored in this plate holder. That white canister holds the dog treats.
 The crock holds all of my commonly used utensils. Love my little kitchen lady with her cute little apron.

I added this cute little cast iron stove to the pic later. Some of the parts are missing but I still love it!

My Pot Belly Cabinet looks great now against the wood floor. This cabinet holds my coffee fixin's, extra kitchen towels and all of my spices. 

 I added some cute little accessories to the kitchen table.
 I fell in love with this cute little truck and my cow salt and pepper holder fit in the bed perfectly!

I like adding little 'signs' with Scrabble Tiles like this 'Eat Here' sign.

 Most of you saw this corner from when I first started this kitchen redo eons ago, you only saw part of this corner cause that's all the further I got, sad I know lol. The pic below is the one I showed. 
It shows the old curtains too.
Remember this fabric I showed you a couple of weeks ago? Well I made the Roman Shades with them.


  



I love the view out of this window. That's my little garden shed out there waiting for a makeover inside. But that's another day and another post.

 I picked up this little rack at the flea market and thought it would make a cute towel holder, I added the pantry sign to it just in case people forget where the food is, haha, fat chance of that happening.


 My dog Semper loves the floor too! He hardly ever laid on the old linoleum floor.

I put our little juke box in here and now I do dishes dancing to the oldies lol.


 Here is a close up on my cow head with a boxwood wreath.
 Those eggs came from my sweet little Lavender Orpingtons.


 We love eating in the kitchen now, it's such a cozy place.
 The morning sun streams through this window and when you are sitting at the table you can see the horses out in the field having their breakfast too.
These old chairs came from my father in law, I painted them black and distressed them. They are a perfect fit for my farmhouse kitchen table.
 I put felt gliders on all the furniture, refrigerator and stove so the floor won't get scratched. but in case it does I bought one of those handy stain pens.

I love this little truck My hubby got me another one that I'll show you in a couple of days. That's HGTV on the TV in the background, heck my husband even loves watching it now too.


I made this sink skirt instead of putting cabinet doors back on, I used onasburg fabric and just some white cotton for the ruffled trim. I just wanted some softness to break up all the wood. 
So that's it for my kitchen reveal! Now on to the master bath, a woman's work is never done and she makes sure the hubby's isn't either :)
To find some great Farmhouse Decor click on
one kings lane on my sidebar, sign up and go shopping  And You'll get a $15 credit just for joining!

80 comments:

  1. Oh, my Lord! Teresa! I love your kitchen redo! You did such a fantastic job! I love everything you've done! I just adore white kitchens and how different yours looks in white. Your flooring is so pretty too. Love your little Roman shades with the darling fabric. Your table and the cuties on it! Now don't cook anything in there to mess it up!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Shelia! You are not allowed to mess up this kitchen! Must eat out!! It's just beautiful Teresa. Fabulous job. Love the floor, the white, the accessories, heck.....I love all of it. You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I mean right down to the smallest detail. I know you must have put in a lot of hours to pull off something this pretty. I bet you just want to stay in there and look around all the time now. I'm going to go back and look once again. Y'all did good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I love it, you did a great job and I like the farmhouse decor. Love your table. But I am wondering....I really like the flooring, what brand is it. I have parquet in my kitchen and entry foyer, and would like to redo in something like that! Thanks! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! I am in love with the floor!! We've been thinking of using flooring similar to this in our kitchen, and now that I've seen how wonderful it looks in yours, it will definitely be put on the "to do" list for our home! Also love all the touches of red you've incorporated. Red is my favorite color and I've used different hues of it in my kitchen as well. You've done a great job, everything looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THEY SAY EVERY ROOM NEEDS A POP OF RED. BTW SHEILA, YOUR LITTLE APRON LADY IS ''AUNT JEMIMA''--USED TO BE ON SYRUP BOTTLES & SUCH!

      Delete
  6. That looks wonderful. Well worth the wait! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your kitchen makeover!!! I love the fabric you used so much and all the beautiful, country accents. Love the little truck too. It looks lke a wonderful warm place to be:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness...I LOVE the farmhouse style...so yes...I LOVE your kitchen makeover.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your kitchen makeover...it turned out great and farmhouse style is my favorite!! We just redid our kitchen in farmhouse style and I shared pictures of it on my blog.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kitchen looks amazing! You guys did a great job! I would love to paint my cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous redo! Your kitchen looks amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! The whole thing looks some warm and cozy. The reds and yellows and all the special touches are just beautiful. The flooring makes such a difference. Love you roman shade and rug too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I love it! You guys did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your kitchen is so sweet! Love the skirt under the sink (my favorite) and that cute truck too. Great job.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This really came at darling. I am in love with it. We have some of the same tastes. I could just move in. Love the mugs hanging and that red measuring cup set. Never seen one. What a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's beautiful! I can't believe the wonderful transformation! I bet you never want to leave that cozy, beautiful space.

    Thanks so much for joining in this week!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love it! You guys did a great job. The cow S&P is so cute as is the skirted sink area. There are so many cute touches that you added. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love what you have done with your kitchen. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your kitchen is gorgeous...I love it! My mom had a little cast iron stove like that. I'd forgotten all about it until I saw yours. I used to love playing with it as a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi again, I love your blog. I have added you to my sidebar so I can read your other post. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Teresa,

    What a difference! I can't believe it! It looks so amazing and so much lighter and brighter! Congratulations on a wonderful renovation!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, I think what really gives it that
    Farmhouse feel are those beautiful
    kitchen chairs! And of course the cows on the table. Beautiful!
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, I think what gives it that Farmhouse feel are those beautiful
    kitchen chairs at the table!....and of course the two cows on the table. Beautiful!
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic and it came out so cottage like--love it and love the pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm in love with it! Beautiful! It's definitely farmhouse cozy! You did a WONDERFUL job! So pretty!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  26. You really did a lovely job with your kitchen re-do! I love the more open feel, and all the special little decorative touches... pompoms on the window shades, skirt for the sink, wire chicken basket, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'd say this is the perfect farmhouse kitchen! Ya'll did an outstanding job!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great makeover Teresa! your kitchen has the coziest farmhouse feel now! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  29. Charming kitchen! You did an amazing transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You did an absolutely amazing job on your kitchen reno! Love the country feel inside and the incredible view outside.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I can't tell you how excited I am to find your blog!I found you through Shabby Creek Cottage's Transformation Thursday! I am oh so excited because I am also a mobile home dweller and in the middle of remodeling! I love, love, love getting ideas from other folks. Your kitchen is absolutely gorgeous as is the rest of your home. I would love for you to visit me if you have a spare minute or two...:) I am your newest follower and will be visiting often!

    Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such an amazing remodel. I love your kitchen and all your farmhouse touches!!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such an amazing remodel. I love your kitchen and all your farmhouse touches!!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  34. LOVE your Kitchen!!
    I adore the touches of red!! I have a red and pale yellow Kitchen myself....
    And the vintage goodies are delightful!!

    Thanks so much for sharing!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm Loving It!
    Very cheery and warm.
    It's my favorite type of kitchen.

    Many Blessings,

    Valerie
    Cottage Making Mommy
    www.lovingmyheartandhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Absolutely gorgeous kitchen Teresa! I love,love,love it! You have done a fantastic job!

    Came to visit from Sunny Simple Life :)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  37. It's absolutely beautiful! You did such a great job. It doesn't even look like the same room. You definitely have a talent for decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a sweet kitchen. Love the farmhouse style, you guys did a great job. I adore that cute little truck on your table. Looks nice and roomy. We just bought a house in December and I love our kitchen but it sure is tiny compared to yours. Great job! Found your blog through Sunny Simple Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Looks fabulous! So right up my ally!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  40. Just love your "new" kitchen!! I love farmhouse style too. Thanks for the inspiration. I hope to paint my bland oak kitchen cabinets soon. : )

    ReplyDelete
  41. Teresa, your kitchen is darling! We are finishing our basement and I am doing the kitchen area in the farmhouse style also. Love the freshness of all the white. Love the glass cupboard doors and the floors. You should link this Country Whites Weekend. Not my party, but would fit perfectly. here's the linkhttp://oldtimefarmhouse.blogspot.com/2012/12/country-whites-weekend-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is one of the sweetest kitchen transformations I have seen. You did such a wonderful job. Really love the skirt below your sink. So many cute touches!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your kitchen looks great, warm and welcoming.
    Merle........

    ReplyDelete
  44. Charming! I am a rooster person. Can you tell me the manufacturer of the Chicken Fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  45. I live in a double wide too and I just love following along with your re-do's. I wish I could prod my husband into doing some rework around here too!

    ReplyDelete
  46. You are amazing! and talented! I am having so much fun reading your posts and seeing the transformations. The kitchen is just adorable, and i love the little skirt you made for the cabinet...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  47. It looks so amazing! Love your pot belly cabinet - and all the little touches - beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love your kitchen!The cabinets are fantastic. All the little decorating touches you've done are wonderful. I love the truck with your S&P. The roman shades are adorable....love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Your kitchen is just charming! I love all the details, but I really want that yellow truck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. So pretty! Love all the detail you put into your cute kitchen. I'm featuring your kitchen this week in the Spotlight. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Ok, here I am again...going to be on your blog all day...lol...anyway...of course I LOVE your kitchen makeover...it's just right...I'm sure you enjoy sitting it your lovely space. If you come over, click on my kitchen makeover on the sidebar...We painted ours too...ok...back I go to browse some more.
    Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hi Teresa, I love looking at kitchen redos. My daughter just did one for her friend. Please go to our blog and check it out.
    Thanks, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  53. I for got to leave our blog name.
    www.theshabbycottagehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. Your makeover is wonderful! I love all your little farmhouse touches!

    ReplyDelete
  55. It came out so charming. I especially like the sink skirt and the Roman shade!
    The pompoms on it make it special.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Teresa.....Can you direct me on how to make roman shades like yours? I love these.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I just love your cute cute kitchen. Aww what Ideas your redo gave me. The sign by your stove looks familiar, lol. I was able to find one of those where I live, and I also put it in the same place. I just love how you were able to make that kitchen your own.

    As I do roosters and chickens decor, in my kitchen, I just loved your chicken pitchers, on top of your pot belly buffet, which is just too cute by the way. Where did you ever find those chicken pitchers?

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  58. All I can say is, "Wow!" and "Beautiful!" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  59. I came over from HT to tell you that this is the most amazing transformation ever! I love every inch of your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  60. I found you via Hometalk. This is absolutely charming!

    ReplyDelete
  61. I too found your makeover via Hometalk and had to stop over and say how impressed I was with the new design. I lived in a manufactured home for several years after Hurricane Katrina, so I know firsthand that cookie cutter look and how difficult it can be to make the space your own. You did amazing things here, and I honestly would not know I was looking at a manufactured home in the after pics. Congrats-I know you must love it-I certainly do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  62. I, too, came from Hometalk. You have taken something basic and very generic and turned it into a warm, cozy, beautiful country kitchen! It is amazing when you break it down into sections and details!
    One of my close friends built her "dream farmhouse" a few years back on the dairy farm where her husband was born. She'd waited forever and had hundreds of ideas. I want to pass my favorite of hers on to you. She, too, had a pantry door in her kitchen. She found an old screen door with vintage decorative ironwork on it and used that in place of a regular door. It is fantastic! It adds So Much Charm to her own pretty country kitchen. Just an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Home Talk viewer also! Love, Love, Love the kitchen redo! All the the little touches add to the perfection! I would love to see what you have done with the rest of your home!

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...