Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My May Flowers

Today is such a beautiful day in Alabama. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the flowers blooming and the evidence of God is all around me.
I turned this fountain into a planter, it was just to hard to keep the leaves and debri out, it already had a drain hole where the pump electrical cord came through. 


The top part has trailing baby tears and impatiens and sweet potato vine in the lower part.
It's positioned right next to an old Pecan tree.

My pink impatiens are filling out nicely, they greet you as you come up the steps to my front door.

I found this 'Believe' garden flag at Lowes, yes I believe in your Goodness Lord, I believe in your loving kindness towards us.

The Asparagus Fern is overflowing the little wooden wheelbarrow, I tucked a Verbenia in with it for some color.

Looking out towards the chicken coops.
 Little clay pots serve as garden edging around this bed planted with Hostas, Bleeding Heart ,ferns, moss and Coleus.
An old garden plow and little ceramic mushrooms add some interest.

I like to sit here and look at the plants while visiting with the chickens. A copper bird fountain provides water for the birds and squirrels and the little angel holds bird seed.

Another old wheelbarrow holds some lirope and petunias over by the picnic table.

I love to just sit outside on days like this and just enjoy being alive, we have so many blessings in this beautiful country of ours and I try never to forget that.

And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree, yielding fruit after it's kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth, and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after it's kind and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself after its' kind, and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the third day. Genesis 1:11-13


Skies over Alabama
The Heavens declare the glory of God and the sky proclaims the works of His Hands. Psalm 19:1

Sharing at......
Wow Us Wednesdays
Be Inspired Friday
Creative Home Acre Blog Hop



17 comments:

  1. Your yard and flowers look so lovely!
    Today after the rain and the sun came out, it smelled so wonderful. With all the cold we have had, it truly smells like Spring is here. Very very late, but finally here!

    Your Bible verse is lovely, too. All seeds produce their own kind, including man's seed, therefore we can be assured that we did not come from apes! Apes produce apes and man produces man. Just a thought!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost dropped my laptop when the spider crawled across the screen but I'm sitting back down now, heart still thumping--don't to that to an old woman!

    Your yard is lovely and I like the use of the lion water fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yard is adorable. It is so inviting, looks like a place i'd just like to hang out and walk around and enjoy...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol yeah the spider scared me too. your gardens are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, your part of AL looks a lot like my part of AL (Calhoun Co).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is so beautiful, love what you did with that fountain. The plants are thriving. Such beauty to watch.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is beautiful. I love all your pretty touches. Thanks for coming by my blog now I have found you. Have a beautiful day.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got back from Alabama and I am in love. I am crazy about all the antique stores, the green trees, the friendliness of the people. I would move there in a moment. Oh, and I see spidy is still here...scares me every time I come here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is going to be a beautiful day today in Georgia! So enjoyed seeing your pretty yard and I love the idea of transforming the fountain into a planter. I think that I should do that with my bird bath. It needs cleaning so badly that I cannot bear to think about birds drinking from it. This may have solved my problem - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teresa - I'm loving your darling fountain-turned-garden! What a charming idea, and the plants look so healthy and happy! I also adore the fact that you have chickens! How fun is that???!!! :) I'm following you now, girlie!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Teresa - I'm loving your darling fountain-turned-garden! What a charming idea, and the plants look so healthy and happy! I also adore the fact that you have chickens! How fun is that???!!! :) I'm following you now, girlie!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your yard looks so pretty! Love the flowers..I am new from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and follow me back! Have a great day,Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Teresa! Thanks for coming by my blog, it's so nice to connect with you! I LOOOOVE that garden bench, it looks like the perfect place to sit and take in the beauty of your garden!

    Polly
    Georgie Emerson Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  14. That repurposed fountain is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty yard. Love the fountain/planter. The wheelbarrows full of flora are so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE the fountain used as a container! What a pretty yard you have!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous photos! Thanks so much for sharing this on The HomeAcre Hop!

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...