Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What I'm Working On

After making this grain sack table runner I was in the mood for sewing.

I started  working on a project for my master bedroom a few months ago, got part of the way finished, hit a snag then took a break from it. So the table runner got me back in the mood. When I'm facing a difficult sewing project I like to warm up with something simple to build my confidence up haha. I tell ya, sometimes  I feel like I have to re-learn every thing about my sewing machine each time I use it!

So here's the teaser on what I've been working on.....




Any guesses?
I have big plans for that bedroom that include redoing every thing except the floor covering, that will have to wait. Seriously, I haven't done a thing to make that room comfy and cozy in the three years since we moved here, other projects keep pushing it further and further down the list. But the time has come, I'm sick of looking at it and keeping the door shut so the uglies don't show. So I'll be showing you bits and pieces as I get them finished.

And just for fun, I found this picture of what our mobile home looked like when I first saw it....this is taken from the dining room looking into the kitchen. That far door you see on the upper left leads to our master bedroom, the ugly but soon to be pretty master bedroom.

And the same view in the pic below, closer to the kitchen, we removed that ridiculous counter that was closing every thing in.
See what I mean about white paint? It's darn near miraculous I tell ya, makes even laminate mobile home cabinets look awesome! 


This is where the counter used to be, it feels so much larger now that it's gone.

Whenever I get bogged down on a project, like my master bedroom, I like to look back at how far we've actually come in transforming our home. It was in pretty rough shape when we got it, nothing structural, all cosmetic but whoa did it need a face lift! Anyway, check back in a couple of days to see what I've been working on.
 Blessings,
Teresa

Sharing at......
Wow Us Wednesday



10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful kitchen and such amazing changes!! If that is the runner you are working on, it is just incredible! What perfect pleating too. I have seen so many really bad sewing projects out there, that hearing you need to build your confidence up is just funny, lol. Looks like you do very fine work:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I like the blinds (?) you are working on. The boxed ruffle looks really nice. Don't get discouraged. Everytime I think I have finished all of my projects, we move. oh well Thanks for sharing, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so amazing and talented! I love watching your projects... I can not wait to see what you are doing in the bedroom!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to tell you that fabric is beautiful I can't wait to see the finished product!! I'm sure it's going to be spectacular! Stop for a visit at Cloches and Lavender and follow my blog and our new journey!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your re-do. We just bought a double wide mobile. I started a new little blog, Finding Grace, Going Mobile, and there you are on my blogroll along with Geneva, Gina and Ceekay, three other lovely mobile home renovators. Can't wait to get started! By the way, is that a roman shade you are working on?
    Blessings, Theresa @ Finding Grace, Going Mobile

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm home from my cruise and trying to catch up on my reading...:) I'm thinking that will be a Roman shade or blind of some sort! I love the fabric and can;t wait to see your room redo. Your mobile home is so beautiful and gives me such inspiration for my own! We are planning to completely redo our master bath this summer as well as finish the guest room. Wish me luck!

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teresa,
    I always like seeing your home. Can't wait to see what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We painted the cabinets in our mobile home white, too. Made such a difference! I think so many people don't understand how much you can transform a mobile home. They can be made very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that kitchen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your home....I can't wait to see further posts...my husband and I will be moving into our single wide mobile home in about 3 weeks...we plan to personalize it to our decorating tastes as well...THANK YOU so much for the inspiration...PLEASE keep posting.

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...