Saturday, May 17, 2014

My Ruffled Curtain

Yes, it's just one curtain so far, two more to go but I was so excited about finishing it that I wanted to show y'all. I give all the credit to the tutorial given by Rachel at Maison De Pax   Her curtains turned out so cute that I had to give it a try. The best part is it only cost me $10 for one panel, you can't beat that! They were made with regular old muslin from Joanns Fabrics. They were so easy to make, just a little time consuming for the ruffles but overall not bad. So here we go with the pics....


And this was the sneak peek I showed you a couple of days ago. Did you figure it was a curtain?


I decided to make one wide curtain for the window rather than two panels.

Here'a a pic I took last night with it closed.


My hubby is being quite nice about all these white ruffles in the master, he just says, do whatever you want. Wow, I've been given free reign, watch out hubby you might find yourself sleeping in pink Cinderella sheets lol.



I love the softness the white and ruffles bring to the room. Super soothing!


I made little ties instead of a rod pocket, I think it added to the flirty look of the curtain. I'll probably be getting a different rod but I just wanted them up!


This room is finally taking on the vision I've always had for it and I'm super excited to show you the full reveal soon.



Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to give a shout out to Rachel for her awesome tutorial!



17 comments:

  1. The ruffled curtains are sooo pretty. It's a homey, relaxed feel for a bedroom and your husband is a good sport about living in a girlie room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your curtains look so romantic and lovely. Love your pillows and bedding too.
    Mt Sissie gave up a long time ago!

    Hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- I love those, Teresa. They are just gorgeous!!!! I went over to visit the blog you mentioned too. Another talented blogger. Whoo Hooo.

    Love that your hubby doesn't mind ruffles! That is a secure man! xoDiana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous. It's that simple! We have white in our master too but it needs a little updating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Theresa! Those curtains are gorgeous! I knew that's what you were making! I cannot wait to see the full reveal....it is so lovely! I have to share something funny. I woke myself up from a dead sleep this morning with the perfect solutuion for my craft room closet curtain that I have been wanting to redo. I am doing something similar to yours but ruffles from top to bottom made from my vintage sheets! I am so excited to start on it. Have a blessed Sunday afternoon!

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did NOT guess curtains... I thought dust ruffle or sheets or something.
    But these are so pretty!
    Like a petticoat.
    agree that the hubby is sweet for going along with the ruffles.
    You're doing such a great job.
    going to check out Rachels blog.
    Have a happy week!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Perfect! I can't wait to see the finished room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the curtains! So romantic yet classy! Thank you for linking this post up to the Art of Home-Making Mondays. I look forward to reading your other goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it...its crisp, elegant very feminine! and I adore the side table!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your curtain panel looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your curtains look great! I love the chippy night stand :)
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are beautiful! And only $10...that's GREAT...love them!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just beautiful. They are much like the ruffled drop cloth curtains I made. I was thinking of doing a "lighter" version for my office. These would be perfect! I will be featuring this at What We Accomplished Wednesday this evening. Have a great week!
    Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm just crazy about your curtains and waiting breathlessly to see the reveal of your bedroom. I visited the tutorial, too. I do have one question, how long was each ruffle, not the width but length. It looks like the absolute perfect length.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just doing some catching up... Your bedroom is looking so pretty! Love the ruffles on the curtains. I'm a ruffle girl myself. And that chippy bedside table is adorable!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...