Thursday, November 20, 2014

Wall of Plates and Brightening Up the Dining Room

What a huge difference white paint makes!!

Here's the after, brighter and lighter!




A while back I asked you to critique my dining room. I received lots of great ideas and I've slowly been incorporating them. One idea I especially liked was making a gallery wall of plates  over my antique dresser/buffet. The pic below shows how the room looked previously...it looked so dark!



I removed the too large lamp and the pitcher and bowl. I also removed some of the crystals from that chandy and got brighter bulbs for it. I switched out the two bird pictures to another spot and made a wall of white and blue/white plates over the mirror.


There was also way too much brown in my opinion and many of you suggested I break all the brown up by painting the chairs, I agree that was a great idea. So I pulled out my ASCP  in Old White and got to work.


Ii's funny I just looked at the Decor Steals offer today and it's just the look I was going for. If you want to pick up some pretty plates for your wall, here's the pic....just click on the link above and it will take you to it.


I painted the previously dark stained legs in Old White too.



It really lightened up the whole room and the white really pulled the table and chairs together. I also added a little bit of blue in the center piece.










This top of this pretty piece was originally a duck egg blue but I wanted a lighter blue so I went over it with ASCP Louis Blue than used clear and dark wax.

The little bone plates were found at a antique store for only $1 each, what a steal!

I added some more white with the hen and turkey casserole sets.


 I still plan on painting the walls a lighter color and getting some curtains with blue and white. A new rug is also in the works but that's going to have to wait a while.

The addition of some greenery helped bring some life to this room.


I'll be decorating for Christmas in this room after Thanksgiving. Do you decorate for Christmas before of after Thanksgiving?

Sharing at....

Miss Mustard Seed Furniture Feature Friday
Metamorphosis Monday
Wow Us Wednesday




9 comments:

  1. Look at that gorgeous room! You can never ever go wrong with plates on the wall. I have been changing out light bulbs lately too. It sure can make a difference. I love how you painted the chairs white with no hesitation. They look amazing and so frenchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decorate after.
    The whites on the chairs and table certainly helped. I like the plates cascading over the mirror! So pretty!

    and of course, you have to bring the greenery in this time of year...it looks wonderful in this room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! What a difference white paint makes. I really like the look of a dark top to a table with white legs. Really makes a statement. Can't wait to see what it looks like decked out for Xmas!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful, Teresa. Your white chairs looks beautiful! It's funny but I have a post up today about my dining room and I have a wall of china (plates hanging around my not as pretty as yours mirror) I just love plates on the wall.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Theresa! I love it all! I think the wall color looks great now with all the changes. I love your dinign table and chairs...it is the look I am going for. Love the plates on the wall and all the greenery. Love it all! I usually decorate just before Thanisgiving, mainly because I am off work and have time to do it before and then have the weekend after Thanksgiving to really enjoy it. Have a lovely weekend my friend.

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Teresa,
    I am just swooning. How sweet this room looks. Love the white to lighten things up. Looks beautiful. Great job. Love your $1 plates too. Score!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dining room looks beautiful, Teresa! I love how the buffet area is looking. The chairs and table look fantastic in white and really does make a difference in the room.

    Your wall color looks just fine to me. It is similar to what we have here. I find being in an open concept plan it works for us to keep it a neutral like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Teresa, it's gorgeous!! I love the white. Those plates look perfect there too! You do such a beautiful job in your home!!

    Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your new lighter dining room! I like the blue and white plates on the wall too. Great look.

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...