Wednesday, July 12, 2017

A Long Time Coming

This post has been a long time in coming as life has a way of changing your direction and priorities. First I want to give you all an update on Toby. A month ago he had an MRI which showed that the cancer had advanced dramatically which we pretty much predicted it had. As before the Dr  again said there were no more options such as surgery or chemo that would help so he suggested a clinical trial. After speaking with the Dr heading up the clinical trial he explained that it works using the body's own immune system to fight the cancer. We felt hopeful for the first time in a long time.  After a few more tests he was accepted in to the trial and now in a short period of time we have seen dramatic results on the tumors on the outside of his head. An MRI will be performed later this month to reveal what is happening in his brain. We are praying that the same shrinking of the cancer is happening on the inside just like the outside.  The treatment is not without serious and  possibly life threatening side effects but at this point this is our only hope to beat this horrible cancer and we are taking it. We are just thankful to God that he is giving this chance.

As far as other things are going, well since I don't venture far from home these days I have been gardening and decorating our home that we bought a year and a half ago. I've been plugging along and so I'll share a few pics with you over the next few day of some progress I've made.
Here is our porch that has become a sanctuary for us. Sitting out there early in the morning and late afternoons allows us to watch all the deer coming out to graze.  I still haven't done much with the front lawn, there was nothing but weeds and dirt when we moved in and it is a bit greener now. Hopefully some day we will be able to put in a proper lawn but not for now.


Out front door with a boxwood wreath.



Out side door that opens into our dining room.




  


         

Out water feature that we brought from Alabama.

 I'll be posting some more pictures of the inside in a few days to show you the progress I've made in there. Nothing huge like painting or shiplap I don't think I have the energy or will to do that anymore. I've just been taking it slow as family has been my main focus and the rest gets done when it gets done. I've missed all of you and hope you are doing well. It feels good to post to my blog once more.



30 comments:

  1. I've thought of you and your husband often. Thanks for the update. Your porch is certainly an oasis of comfort. I'll be looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Penpen, thanks for thinking of us and yes we are really enjoying the porch.

      Delete
  2. Lovely porch!! But most of all it was so nice to see your post on Facebook last night and this morning a blog post! Looking forward to anything you post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mary Ann how are you? Hopefully I'll be posting a lot more as things seem to be improving!

      Delete
  3. Have checked your blog on and off to see if I missed anything. Thought often of you and your husband. Will continue to pray for you both. Love your porch, look very inviting and restful, love early morning and late evening on the porch myself so understand how this can give you peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for remembering us and especially for your prayers.

      Delete
  4. So nice to see you posted. I'm so sorry for the health problems your family are fighting. Your home is beautiful!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Brenda, yes it has been a very difficult few years but we see a ray of hope now. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Glad to see an update. Sorry for Toby's continuing health issues. He's definitely a fighter. Your porch is lovely. Looking forward to seeing your interior positions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you're right Joanie he is definitely a fighter, he's my hero. I'll be posting soon.

      Delete
  6. Keeping Toby in our prayers, it's promising that the clinical trial is showing such progress. Please, God, it continues. I'm sure you find some moments of peace on your beautiful porch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayers, God is definitely helping us. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  7. You and Toby are very brave. Both of you are in my prayers. Your porch is pretty and inviting. A lovely retreat during these trying times. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We treasure your prayers they keep us strong. We are so thankful for our little peaceful home.

      Delete
  8. Been thinking of you... prayers lifted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, we treasure them.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy that is so kind of you to think of us. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. It sure is good to see a post from you, Teresa. You know that I pray for Toby and also for you because your road is not an easy one either. I am so glad that they accepted Toby into the trial and I have heard good results with the tapping of the immune system. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Diana, yes we do know you have been praying and we know also God is listening. You and I are traveling the same road aren't we? You and your hubby have our prayers as well. Love ya.

      Delete
  11. Oh Teresa it is good to see a post from you and an update on Toby. I am keeping you both in my prayers and hoping this new trial will work for Toby. That porch looks like a beautiful way to find peace throughout your day. Just beautiful.
    Hugs, Prayers, and much hope sent to you today.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris, it's been such a roller coaster ride for us and we enjoy the peace and quiet on the porch. Looking to screen part of it in to keep the bugs out! Thanks for your hugs and prayers hope you and hubs are doing well.

      Delete
  12. Teresa, I have often thought of you and Toby and wondered how you all were doing. It is so good to hear from you. I am praying for the trial treatment to be successful. Cancer is such an ugly disease! Your porch looks so peaceful. Many prayers of healing and peace to you,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think of you as well Cecilia, you are such a dear person. Thank you for your prayers for Toby, we are very hopeful that God will grant him many more years to enjoy.

      Delete
  13. Praying that this new clinical trial is working and soon all the cancer is gone. Beautiful place to spend time together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't been online much lately and was thrilled to see a post from you and then quickly realized there had been three posts so I read back to this one! I am so happy to hear you are doing well and especially that Toby is still putting up his best fight. It sounds as though this clinical trial is working well and hopefully it will keep working well and get rid of the cancer for good! I will be praying for you both! Your home is so lovely as well as all your flowers. With your touch though, you can make any place beautiful! I haven't been blogging much either but do every now and then. I hope to hear from you again soon. Love, hugs, and blessing, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Vicky! Thanks so much for the kind words and most of all your prayers. Yes Toby is a fighter for sure, this clinical trial is doing amazing things for him, we have a lot of hope. So nice to hear from you dear friend. Hugs love and blessings to you too!

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...