Friday, July 22, 2011

Green with White Polka Dots Ruffled Shade

I had this boring white shade in my guest room that was just blah.  I tried a few trial runs just wrapping it with fabric but it wasn't doing it for me.  I've seen a ton of cute, cute ruffle shades in blogland so I thought I'd give it a shot. Here she is half way done.

I just cut 3inch strips, hemmed one long side so they wouldn't fray and gathered the other long side.

Then I just hot glued it right to the shade.

Here's she is all dolled up for a party!

I'm still in the process of adding bead board wallpaper to this room, making curtains and painting the antique armoire with Anne Sloan chalk paint. Hopefully this will get done soon and I'll do a REVEAL, yes! Seems like I've been making this room over for what seems like a lifetime!

Lights off in this one so you can see the green and white polka dotted fabric better.

With a little fabric flower on top 

I'm linking to the following parties:

10 comments:

  1. Love the ruffles! So very pretty! Lucky you that you can sew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So charming~ love how this came out~it's very sweet! Thanks for sharing at FNF :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...that is seriously adorable!! I just love it and now I'm trying to think if I can squeeze another lamp into my daughter's room and try this myself. :-) You did a fabulous job and we are so glad you shared this with us at Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Teresa,
    The shade turned out just lovely...I love polka-dots so you know I'm lovin' your fabric choice :-) Will definintely have to come back to see your guest room reveal...Have a wonderful day.

    Hugs and Smiles,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH.MY.GOODNESS! That lampshade is pure loveliness! I think it is the prettiest ruffled shade I've seen, actually! :) Way to go! :)

    Maybe I should try my hand at a ruffled shade~ yours is inspiring me to try! :)

    I hope you are having a great week!

    Blessings,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I love the ruffled lamp shade - beautiful! I used that same fabric (from Hobby Lobby) to make a ruffle on my table runner, and I love it! I'm stopping by from Brenda's Cozy Little House - would love to have you stop by my place for a visit any time.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hay,

    Your blog is amazing.
    I folow your blog.
    Please take a look into my world.

    Groetjes..Marijke
    www.marijkevanooijen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your headboard. Did you paint that?
    Connie

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...