Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pots of Posies

The weather has been gorgeous lately in Alabama, bright red cardinals everywhere, baby squirrels scampering about and leaves budding on the Pecan trees. 


So naturally I want to be out there planting flowers and enjoying the sunshine.
My daughter gave me an old antique dolly and I knew I wanted to make some kind of yard art with it. Well my sweet and talented husband made a couple of flowers boxes and attached it to the dolly. I leaned it up against one of our Pecan trees and went to town with some perennials and annuals

.I also hung a chicken feeder from a shepherds hook and put a trailing plant in it. 

.



These Impatiens brighten the view by the steps.

  
These pansies lasted all through the Fall and Winter and they are blooming like crazy now.

This little wheelbarrow was another flea market find.
I've got a long way to go towards fixing up the front yard, maybe sod or just some ground cover with stepping stones, I'm not sure yet.
My vegetable garden is in raised containers this year, so much easier to deal with.
So what are you planting this year?

Sharing at.....
Sunday Showcase Party
Tweak It Tuesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Fertilizer Friday

12 comments:

  1. Love the ladder by the tree. I see that you are in Alabama....I am going to the Huntsville area. Is that anywhere near you? since we both live in Mobile Homes, I thought maybe if possible, we could meet up somewhere...if you would like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ceekay, I'm about 3 hours south of Huntsville. When are you going to Huntsville, let me know and I'll see if I can get away, I would love to meet up with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to plant along my fence this Spring-if we ever get rid of this snow. Love your ladder!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually put some pumpkin seeds in today. Picked some chard and chives for eggs today too. Your pansies are so pretty. The happiest flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the pretty displays! Everything looks gorgeous...:) Spring is such a lovely time of the year....enjoy!

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beauty, I love it and think it looks fantastic!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are always so clever. Your dolly is completely charming with the flowers tumbling out of it, and the wheelbarrow too. I love checking out your posts to see what cute idea you've come up with next!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Teresa, Stopping by from Wow Us Wednesday party. I love your old dolly turned plant stand! It fits against that tree like it was made for it! Everything looks so pretty and colorful. Spring is slow coming here in KY but we're finally starting to bloom. I would love to have you share your project(s) at the Shady Porch Rock ‘N Share party! Blessings, D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dolly with the window boxes filled with flowers looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the laddered boxes on the tree, all of your flowers look beautiful. I'm zone 5b and we've had a wet and cold spring. Hope to plant some flowers this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the ladder and the wheel barrow!!!
    I am so happy that I had some time to pop over here today and see what you shared! It is great to finally be able to flaunt some of my own spring blessings and get inspired by some of the best gardens online!
    Thank you so much for joining in on my little party this week! I hope to see you again soon! Have a great weekend!
    Your post today has been shared to the Tootsie Time Facebook page!

    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOw your flowers look amazing! You are way ahead of us ad it is so great to see all the cheery colors - thanks for sharing! Paula inIdaho

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...