Thursday, April 11, 2013

Cutest Bathroom Ever

Well, at least the cutest I've ever seen at a store/gas station stop.
While on our way back from Cali we made a pit stop. You know the routine. Get gas, clean the windshield, buy munchies, go potty, buy soda so you can stop 30 minutes down the road to go potty again. 

And let me tell you I HATE having to use a toilet that has been used by thousands of others. I'm crazy about that stuff. I'm one of those people who's behind NEVER touches one of those toilets. My thighs get a....ahem.. squatting workout hovering just inches above the toilet, if you know what I mean. Yep I'm also the one who flushes with my elbow or I've even been known to use my shoed foot in some cases depending on the level of bathroom grossness. And yes, I open the door to leave by using  a paper towel in case some yucky person didn't wash their hands and touched the doorknob with that yucky hand. 

Anyway, now that i have thoroughly grossed you out let me tell you about this adorable bathroom.....the store was like any other when you walked in, nothing special. I made a beeline to the restroom as it had been at least 30 minutes and one cup of coffee, a bottled water and a soda since I last made a similar beeline just up the road a bit. Opening the door I expected to see the usual, standard yucky toilet, maybe toilet paper, or not, sink, no soap most likely and some kind of mechanism to dry my hands. Imagine my delight when I opened the door to this......


It was an I LOVE LUCY bathroom!!!
Isn't that just the cutest and most unexpected thing you would ever see in pitstop bathroom? 
And that wasn't all, there's more......

For your viewing pleasure while 'visiting' the powder room there were pictures and posters of Lucy everywhere!

She really was a very beautiful lady and one of the funniest in my opinion. I still watch the reruns whenever they come on.
 And of course who could forget Ethel, Lucy's partner in crime....I loved those two!
Tucked away in a corner was this cute little 'Lucy' pocket book.

I'm sure the person knocking on the restroom door was wondering what in the heck I was doing in there so long, why taking pictures of course! lol. And just so you know how long you ARE in there they provided a Lucy clock!

Oh and for the record, it was one of the cleanest restrooms I had ever had the pleasure of 'powdering my nose in', ahem. 
So I'm glad to be back from vacation, missed y'all. I'm workin' on that mirror so stay tuned.

That's all folks........Teresa

Sharing at............
Wow Us Wednesday
Feathered Nest Friday
Tweak It Tuesday

11 comments:

  1. What a pleasant surprise. With a little time and effort this little (usually yuky) room made you and many bloggers smile. Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! that is such a cute bathroom. You don't see those very often at Pit stop places.
    Now that you told me you flushed with your shoe...
    I'm grateful for the infrared flushers...and will forever be an elbow flusher on the ones that aren't! LOL!!!
    ~Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a darling restroom...there should be a contest because most of them are gross!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK so we all want to know where this adorable potty is. Almost worth a road trip to go have a look. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was afraid someone would ask, I didn't make a note of where it was along our route, all I do remember is it was in Texas, I'll try to pin it down a little closer lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute!! Not what you would expect at a gas station!! I would love for you to link up at SHOW-licious Craft Showcase.

    Just follow the link....http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/2013/04/show-licious-craft-showcase-26.html.

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great restroom, not one you would think to find at a gas station. Thanks for the smiles "I Love Lucy"!!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh cute story!! I love Lucy ...could watch reruns of her show over and over. She was just great! What a fun bathroom (don't think I've ever called a bathroom fun before lol) OH, and that spider is creepy. ;)
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bless the person who decided to decorate that bathroom! That's the neatest story. Do wonder if the guys room was decorated as well...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog so glad I stumbled across it. Someone pinned your kitchen table. I have one similar to it that I intend on making into an island. My hub and I are redoing a vandalized double wide to become our retirement home in ALABAMA. I've got to know where this bathroom is located. I must go there just for the restroom. HA!

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...